Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

Horn isn't working, air bag light is on and steering wheel

Customer Question

Horn isn't working, air bag light is on and steering wheel radio switch works intermittently
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!

Your issue is what they call the Spiral Cable, also known as the Clock Spring.

This is what allows power to travel to the steering wheel. The Spiral cable has a certain range of how much it can be turned. If over extended it can break. But if not over extended then it's simply just worn.

Due to the fact that the Air Bag system goes through this part and that to replace it the drivers air bag would need to be removed, it's best to let this be done by a trained specialist who is familiar with the safety involved on working with Air Bag systems.

Let me look up the cost of the part for you.. Hang on

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

There is a few different types, it best to call your local dealer with your vin number to get the correct part number. Once you have that, if you want to get it online it would most likely be cheaper.

Here is the cost ruffly. Plus once you get the part number, you can enter it in the search for this site to get the part cheaper as well.

https://www.courtesyparts.com/25540m-switch-assembly-combination-titan-a60-2006-king-cabxese-crew-cabxese-2005-2009-not-serviced-p-634658.html?cPath=1244_1245_1281_1285&

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work.

I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!