Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Experience:  Nissan factory trained and Certified Subaru Technician.
2921078

When I started it, the internal fan made a loud noise then

Customer Question

When I started it, the internal fan made a loud noise then just quit. I thought maybe it burned the motor. But after driving about 5 miles it lost power and the brake light and battery light came on. Pulled over, checked the battery connections, and it took off. Only lasted 2 miles. Continues to do the same thing. Battery checked ok
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

Are the battery and brake lights still coming on?
What year and model as well as engine size is the car?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a 2006 Murano 6 cyl
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.

Ok, what about the battery and brake lights? They still coming on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they go off when I turn it off, then after driving a couple mile they come on and I lose power
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Now the ABS and AWD lights are on as well
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.

Ok,

When the battery and brake lights come on together, it means that the alternator has stopped charging. I am not sure how the battery was tested, but the vehicle is running on battery power at the moment. The systems are slowly shutting down as the car is losing voltage. You need to have the alternator tested right away before the car won't run anymore. It should be producing at least 14.2 volts under load. This is with the headlights, rear defrost and wipers all on. You likely are going to need at least an alternator here to solve this problem.

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!

Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?