Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years of automotive Repair
7276279

My daughter has a 1997 Nissan Maxima and the check engine

Customer Question

my daughter has a 1997 Nissan Maxima and the check engine light is on. Her mechanic said it is code 81 but he does not know what that means. Can you help?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

The code 81 is not a valid Nissan fault code. All fault codes from Nissan should be 4 digits. Can you check with him and see if the code is correct please and post back and we can work from there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks for your response
my daughter will not be able to get back to the mechanic until Friday 10/16. When I hear back from her I will contact you again.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

No problem, I'm here on Friday as well. Post back when you can and we can work from there. One other thing you can do is have her stop by your local parts store such as Auto Zone state besides those in California they will run a scan for her at no charge.