Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

1986 Nissan pickup will not start turn key and nothing ,can

Customer Question

1986 Nissan pickup will not start turn key and nothing ,can you help
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!

When you turn the key to try to start the truck, does all the warning lights come on? Does the engine turn over but not start? or does it not turn over? Please give me details on what the truck is doing so I can help you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I turn the key I I hear the fuel pump no light comes on and nothing else happens the only sign of life is here in the pump
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

No dash warning lights come on? Nothing else?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I use a test light in the fuse box and only thing that powered up when I turn the key is the radio and wiper all the other fields are dead
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Your year truck has Wire Type fusible links. If you have limited to almost no electrical power, I would start with replacing the Main fusible links. They are off the Positive battery terminal. They are like wires. Auto Parts stores should have them available for you.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!