Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

I bought my son a 1992 pathfinder gas gauge does not

Customer Question

I bought my son a 1992 pathfinder gas gauge does not register correctly and temp gauge pes but does not overheat runs great thermo opens at correct temp replace both temp sensors but still pegs
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!

When you remove that whole meter assembly, on the back of it there is a square box on the right top corner. It has 3 wires coming off it. That is a Voltage regulator for the Fuel Gauge and Temp Gauge. That is what goes bad causing your issue.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it easy to remove the dash assembly
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

You only need to remove the gauge assembly. It's not to bad. You need to remove the upper part of the steering column and slip out the trim that goes around the gauge out to the side, then you can access the gauge.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where can I buy the part and ballpark number on price
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

You can check to see if it's still available from the dealer. I think it was around 80 bucks.. Other wise you need to see if auto part stores have one. If not, you may need to look at a used meter to grab it.

let me take a look around on the internet to see if it's available any where and get back to you

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

I can't seem to find it online. You will need to check with your local dealer.

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!