Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Experience:  Nissan factory trained and Certified Subaru Technician.
2921078

How do I remove the AC Temp, climate control switch panel on

Customer Question

How do I remove the AC Temp, climate control switch panel for replacement on a 1999 Pathfinder. Do I have to remove the entire dash?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

Do you still need assistance with this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you help?
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.

Sure, give me a couple of minutes to get the info sorted out and a link for you. The whole dash doesn't have to come out.

Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.

Ok, the center panel has 2 screws at the base, you will remove them and then the rest up by and around the vents is actually clipped in. Use a plastic trim tool or something like a putty knife to pull it out, the whole face will come off. Then you should be able to see the screws that hold the switches on. I cannot recall if the radio will have to come out first or not. But you will be able to tell once you locate the screws. I am sending a diagram of the whole thing to make it easier for you to see what I mean.

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!