Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

I have a problem with my 2006 nissan armada se off road. i

Customer Question

i have a problem with my 2006 nissan armada se off road . i brake light went out and my abs went out as i was driving . i looked online and saw that there was a problem with the brake booster for the armadas . i have replaced the abs module , brake booster and the drivers side wheel bearing . i drive it for a couple days and the same problem happens again with brakes . the lights come on when i press on the brakes its slow to stop and there is a crazy grounding noise . in order to drive it now i have to unplug the abs . before i did all these repairs i got the code c1179 from my mechanic
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.

Did you put in a NEW brake booster or a used part?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A new brake booster a used abs module
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
New brake booster and used abs module
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.

Have you tried removing the connectors and cleaning the contacts?

This specific code in itself is pretty specific to the delta stroke sensor in the booster. It's not going to really be caused by anything other than a faulty booster or a vdc unit that needs reprogramming. The VDC unit being built into the ABS module.