Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified since 1985
20625509

Engine not getting gas. Changed fuel pump and fuel filter,

Customer Question

Engine not getting gas. Changed fuel pump and fuel filter, why does it still not getting gas.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

Do you mean not reaching the fuel injectors or not making it past the fuel injectors and into the engine/intake manifold? If the later, check the injector fuse/s.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not getting to injectors
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

Ok, how are you confirming this? Is there a Schrader valve on the fuel rail or some other way you are confirming this? Do you happen to know the fuel pressure?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pulled the fuel hose off injector. None coming through
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

None at all? Did you check the fuel pressure?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do we do this
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

Is there a Schrader valve on the fuel rail? If not, you could probably install a T fitting that usually come with a fuel pressure tester and hook it up right in front of the fuel filter. It should be 34-43 psi.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know their is a valve right up by where it goes into the injector. Would this be it?
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

If it's low, make sure the fuel pressure regulator diaphragm isn't busted and allowing the fuel to just reroute back to the tank without building up pressure. Usually when they bust if you pull the vacuum hose off of the regulator, it will have gas in the vacuum line and the regulator should be on the fuel rail. If the pressure is good or even too high, check for a smashed fuel line between the filter and the fuel rail.

Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

If it is small and looks like an air conditioner line test connection, then it's the Schrader valve and the fuel pressure can be checked right there.

Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

It's getting late and I am going to bed, I'm tired. Let me know tomorrow or post tonite and I'll read it by noon tomorrow and reply back. I just don't want you to think I am ignoring you, just incase you reply and I don't respond.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Will check this tomorrow
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

Ok, I am awake now, so let me know when you get the results.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am working today and tomorrow, so will be tomorrow evening before I get to work on truck again
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

OK, I have given you just about every possibility anyhow.