Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

Are you there

Customer Question

are you there
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Yes, I am here. What can I do for you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
did you see my question?
in regards ***** ***** control module
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hold on.. I don't think I saw it... Hang on, I don't see any other questions linked to this account..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
im here
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Sorry I don't see any questions for a BCM.. DO you have a link to it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is the millage of my vehicle stored in the body control module. i have a 2010 Nissan cube. I was told it was only in the odometer when i bought a replacement used odometer at junk yard. Everything works fine now. my mileage is off by 2000 miles. no big deal to me. but i don't want dealer problems later.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Is the mileage over or under by 2000 miles?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
under
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Under is better than over.. To have the mileage corrected, the meter would need to be sent out to have the mileage adjusted to the current mileage. If it was over by 2k miles, it would cost more to roll it back, verses moving it forward.

What state are you in?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
im in illinois. my question is. is the milage stored only in odomiter or in body control module also on this car.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Oh.. Yes, it's only in the Odometer. The BCM reads the Mileage from the Odometer. It does not store it.

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

We use a place in NJ called Model Electronics to calibrate the mileage in our Meters. You can contact your local dealer to see who they use in your area. Normally it is done in 1 to 2 days.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have to take car in for warrenty work on fuel leakage recall and there having problems with these cvt transmissions and i dont want to lose my warrenty. I should have asked before i did this so its to late i don't want dealer to void future issues. so im ok ?
im just going to leave it everything seems fine. if i dont say anything to dealer will they be able to void me in the future
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

2k miles.. Na,, I wouldn't worry about it. Unless you were there the day before and the saw your mileage. But I wouldn't worry about it for 2k miles.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok great. I want to see what you think can i ask final question?
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

What do you mean?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
does this thing work by amount of time or questionsa asked?
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

It is topic per question. So if you start asking me about a tire light, It would require a new question

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
same topic
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

What other questions do you have on your Topic?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
basically anyone can change out this cube odometer and as long as the history is under 120k or 10 years its not stored on cars computers
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i just want to confirm that the mileage is only stored on dash and service histories
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Yes, the mileage is only stored by the Meter assembly.

Dealers use CarFax to double check mileage. So if you had a oil change done at a lube place and the mileage is 140k miles, and you roll in with a 115k miles with a trans problem, they can catch you

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

If they do catch you, that is mileage fraud which is against the law. Which is a strong offence.

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me.

I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!