Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

Have a 2008 Nissan dualis and my two year old has lost my

Customer Question

Hi have a 2008 Nissan dualis and my two year old has lost my car keys I have rung Nissan for replacement they said 10 days for key to arrive as I live in regional town local locksmith can cut me a key but I don't know how to bypass immobiliser can you please help thanks
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!

There is no way to by pass the Immobilizer system. This is a Question people ask time and time again. But the way the Immobilizer system is designed, It is integrated into the computers and function of the car. The only thing I would see if your Locksmith can do till you get keys is to see if he has a key with a transponder chip that he can program to the car for you so you can use the vehicle. Other wise, the key he would make you will only open the car but not start it, and you would have to wait for the keys to come in for them to be cut and programmed.

I know this is not what you want to hear, but this is the answer I am afraid.

Do you have any more questions on this?