peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

4x4 Nisan Titan 5.6engin. Iam having 4x4 problems it won't

Customer Question

4x4 Nisan Titan 5.6engin. Iam having 4x4 problems it won't engage
Category: Nissan
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If this is an electronic push button or electronic switch shift 4wd one common component to fail or act up and cause this issue here is the transfer case actuator on the transfer case itself.This can fail to shift the transfer case into 4wd causing this issue.I have also in some cases seen issues with the front differential actuator as well as the control module that operates these components.

What needs to be done from here is to have the fault codes checked in all computers to see what codes are set.Once this has been done any codes set will need diagnosed to locate and repair the fault here.This has to be done with a scan tool or computer that will plug into your model and read all computers in your vehicle.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There's no codes on code machine and thanks for assisting
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where is control module and actuator located and how to test

Was the code machine that was used one that plugs in and communicates with all computers in your vehicle here?Some only read engine codes.