Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

I have a 2009 Nissan Altima with a base factory installed

Customer Question

I have a 2009 Nissan Altima with a base factory installed radio. I have no issues with the radio; however, when I try using the CD player or AUX chord to play music I usually lose all sound after 30 minutes to an hour. When this happens I also lose sound on my radio. After restarting the car I can usually gain sound from the radio again. How can I fix the CD player / AUX chord options?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!

If you listen to only the radio for over a 1/2 hour or so you don't loose sound correct ? only when using the CD or Aux?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is correct. I never have any issues when I am only listening to the radio. If I lose sound due to the CD player or Aux I will then also lose sound on my radio until I restart the car after a bit of time.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. The CD player /Aux feature really works the internal amp. More than the radio. So what is going on is the amp is over heating and will cut out sound until it cools down. This is a internal Radio issue. The only way to correct this I am afraid is to replace the Radio assembly. The dealers have a Radio exchange program where they would replace your radio as long as one is available for around 299 depending on the features you have. Other wise you can look into after market radios as a option as well. But this is a internal radio issue I am afraid.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!