Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Tech, Nissan Master Certified Tech, 12 yrs. experience in auto repair.
6166830

My name is simon I have 2005 Nissan maxima the idle keep

Customer Question

hi my name is ***** ***** have 2005 Nissan maxima the idle keep going up and down
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.

hi my name is ***** ***** i can help with your questions

Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.

what you have is a problem where the ecm have forgot the position of the throttle plate causing the idle to bonce around

Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.

you will need to reprogram the idle learn position to fix this problem you need the use of a very good scan tool to do this job so if you do not have one then you will have to take the car to a shop and ask them to reprogram the idle let me know if not have any more questions , if not please rate the service before you og as this is the only way for me to get pay thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I return the old one I still need to program it ?
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.

the throttle is not the problem so you can return it and just get the ecm program

Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.

do you have any more questions?

Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.

hi if you have no more question i really need you to rate before you go as this is the only way for me to get pay thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
all I can do is get it program ? Is no way else to fixe the problem ?
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.

you can replace all the parts you want but the problem is cause by a program so you have to fix the program to fix the problem so yes the only fix is the program

Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.

hi i see i did not rate the service i really need you to rate as this is the only way for me to get pay thanks.

Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.

hi i see you still did not rate the service the rating is the only way i get pay and i have answered your questions and know i need you to please complete the rating so i can get pay thanks.