Roy Belding
Roy Belding, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  41 years expierence on all cars and trucks to 2014
3506196

2003 nissan sentra gxe, 100003 miles. Just had radiator,

Customer Question

2003 nissan sentra gxe, 100003 miles. Just had radiator, radiator cap, accessories belt, thermostat(3 times) upper and lower hoses, waterpump, new headgasket and head was resurfaced, heater core was blown clean. Also new cam position sensor and plugs installed. The car still overheats and misfires.
Category: Nissan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Bad headgasket install or what? I need this car for work but i cant get 2 miles from his shop before it overheats. He is refusing to look at it anymore untill i pay him the second half but i want my money back.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Super mechanic replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today.

.

They are sometimes bad about the radiators clogging up and causing an overheating. That may have been the original problem with it that caused the overheating.

.

However, with any engine that runs hot, overheats or has been overheated it is best to check the integrity of the engine, (head gaskets and heads, etc.)

.

The first thing that you want to do is check the cooling system for any exhaust gases. Make sure that it’s full first. There is a tester for that, that you can get from Autozone for about $20. They will normally lend you the tester and you just buy the fluid for about $8. It comes with instructions, but there is a blue fluid that is used in it, if the fluid turns yellow, that is exhaust gases.

.

Block tester available is:

Napa BK.(###) ###-####/p>

OEM/Block Tester AUTOZONE

Part Number:
27145

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/accessories/Tools/Block-Tester/_/N-25dh?filterByKeyWord=block+tester&fromString=search

.

*****You will want to check it at different RPM’s and at different temperatures***

..

.

If there are any exhaust gases in the cooling system, that will cause more pressure than desired and will allow the engine to burn coolant and/or heat the coolant up too high. Most times not filling the crankcase with coolant either and not smoke out the exhaust.

If there are, then there would be an internal engine problem, like a head gasket or head.

.

.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer, **** THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** if you need any more on it, I will be here.

.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would you call me?

I am not set up for that at this time. I could email the instructions for doing the test, for as little as is allowed though. Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would prefer to work with an expert on the phone. Would you please opt out and help me find someone who can help me on the phone? Thank you.
Expert:  Roy Belding replied 1 year ago.

good evening my name is ***** ***** I will assist

I will send you a link so we can talk when you accept. I have several suggeations and questions for you on this issue.

Roy