Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

Bumper rubbing tire when turning steering wheel lelf or

Customer Question

Bumper rubbing tire when turning steering wheel lelf or right, and now same noise in steering wheel when turning.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!

Can you see the bumper making contact with the tire? Is the inner fender liner hanging down?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no not left tire and i have not looked at right tire, no the lining is not hanging down
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

which way do you turn the wheel to have it make contact with the bumper? Can you take a picture and show me?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it makes the same sound when i turn it left and right
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Have you turned the wheel all the way to the left and inspected the inside wheel area for contact? Then turn the wheel all the way to the right and look for contact again?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have to go see
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

ok

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it's no lining hanging and I didn't see any contact with the bumper
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

What does the noise sound like exactly? How loud is it? Is it loud enough to record the sound? Noises are very hard to diagnose online. So if I could hear it, I may be able to help you better.

Let me know..