Rick
Rick, Nissan Master Technician
Experience:  27 Years working in Nissan Dealerships Currently working for Nissan Dealer
32033408

My murano 07 clicks like k-k-k-k all the way left and right

Customer Question

hi my murano 07 clicks like k-k-k-k all the way left and right turning and click or clunks too when break. any ideas. have changed alot of things because of this yet no results. not cv, that's been changed, track rods been changed, top mounting struts also changed. am fed up..
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to try and answer your question. When were done please remember to leave a positive rating it is very important to me.

If I understand correctly the car has a couple of noises your trying to resolve, one is a click noise when the wheels are turned and you are taking off from a stop, and the other is a clunk when braking and maybe when going over bumps or speed bumps? The first noise if I'm correct sounds like the outer cv joints of the front axles and when the wheels are turned all the way that is when they will be noisy if the joints are worn out. the best way to fix that is to replace the front axle assemblies. I'm not sure if you have changed them in your statement you say not cv. let me know about that. the other noise when braking sounds like a common noise that comes from worn lower control arm bushings, when they are worn they can cause a lot of noise especially when braking and taking off, the bushings can even look like they're okay but still be noisy, the only way to fix them is to replace the lower control arms and do an alignment after they're replaced . I hope I have helped please let me know if I'm right about the noises