Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

I own Nissan Altima Hybrid 2009. Bought brand new from a

Customer Question

Good Afternoon!
I own Nissan Altima Hybrid 2009. Bought brand new from a dealer. My carwould not start even after a drive so they upgraded the battery and added insulation to body ground. Tested new battery, good, Power drainage overnight 15mA draw. Why could not they fix the problem with standard ALTIMA batter? Why 15 mA draw when all modules re powered down?
Category: Nissan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the problem happened when I bought the car. It is NOT a recent issue.
thanks
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.

Hey there, if the battery wouldn't start even after a drive then the battery likely was bad and had a bad cell so it was not charging. This is very common! Had one the other day on a rogue and the battery was just 2 years old. Actually made the car STALL and wouldn't restart.

15ma current off draw is fine. That's within acceptable limits.

What exactly is your question?

Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.

ohh and to explain the last question.

The current off draw of 15ma is the battery back up power to the ECM, BCM, Radio presets, unified meter.

If there was not small draw from those items you would lose all you saved trip meters, radio stations, module memory.

Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.

If you need anything else let me know. If not just be sure to leave me a kind rating so the site credits me for my time.

thanks again.