Cardoctor71
Cardoctor71, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Technician
36867192

Have 1993 300zx convt. Had timing belt plus other belts

Customer Question

have 1993 300zx convt. Had timing belt plus other belts changed. Squeals. Took back 3 times still squealing. Small town and nisssan dealer over 100 miles. It has progressed to the car not making a sound. Put in new starter, ignition relay, ignition coil and new battery terminals. Spark plugs changed 2 weeks before. There was an after market alarm system which stopped working yet car drove for months. Incompetent mechanic says need new theft control module. The car did start in between his checking it out. I think he just does not know. Lights are bright. Windows, wipers and turn signals do not work. I have checked and replaced so much I can't afford go continue with his guessing. Please help. Thank you.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.

Ok, I have several questions to get a better understanding of what is going on at this point.

Did the mechanic try disconnecting the aftermarket alarm system and if so, any difference?

Did he get the brand and model number of the alarm system off the unit and tell you? If so, what is the brand and model number?

when you turn the key to the on position is the check engine light coming on for a self check?

Any lights blinking on instrument panel or at lower part of dash that would indicate the alarm is activated?

And finally, I need the 17 digit vin number to look up all starting and factory antitheft wiring schematics to see where we need to go from there

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks so much. VIN #JN1RZ27H1PX003336. The after market anti theft is an Alpine Model8045. The Mechanic did disconnect it and made no difference so I just put the wire back together. It only worked for a couple of weeks and then stopped and has not worked since. Bought car in Feb. 2015. I mistakenly said I replaced theignitioncoilbutitwasthestarter relay.Alsoreplaced theftcontrolmodule under flooring on passenger side today. Still not a sound. On fuse panel near driver feet, right half of panel has no power. In the fuse /relay box under hood, the ignition coil relay reads power at one point instead of two. I now am going to check the pigtail coming off the battery negative post. There are also clear fuses near the battery. Never seen that before. Am aware that a fuseable link may be what the piggyback is attached to side of battery oon negative post.The only light on dash is continuous blinking oif security light. I have spent a lot of money and car down for 10 days. Help!! Squealing of belts and low pitch soiund somewhere else. Maybe power streering pump? I am a 61 year old woman and I know a little more than basics about cars. Just info.
Expert:  eric replied 1 year ago.

hi,

Ok, thanks for all the detailed information. To be honest, I am going to need overnight to go thru all the wiring diagrams as we have some serious issues going on and will take some time to go thru all the diagrams for power and ground, antitheft, and starting and charging, so please bear with me

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
whereis my answer??
Expert:  Cardoctor71 replied 1 year ago.

I am going to try to help you understand what is occurring here, The aftermarket alarm has to be able to be accepted by the body control module, for this to take place especially after it has been disconected or other wise replaced the vehicle antitheft system has to be reinitialized at the dealer or a competent high end locksmith, because the body control module no longer recognizes the anti theft system and there fore believes the the vehicle is being stolen. The non functioning wipers ,windows etc are operated through the body control module, the module is making it as difficult as possible to steal your car. Unfortunately this initialization takes place by computers talking to one another , the vehicles anti theft module,a live data scanner, and the internet by use of a restricted subscription, this is why the best possible place to get this done is a dealership, because if it is interrupted while being initialized the vehicles computers will be damaged. Hint, you can buy a AAA subscription for unlimited mileage tows for 69.95 and will be good for multiple tows for 1 Year's time. PLEASE rate my service a 3 or above, if for some reason you can not, please ask me another question, I will continue to answer your questions even after RATE is given ,until you are completely satisfied with my answer.