Cardoctor71
Cardoctor71, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Technician
36867192

I supposed to tune up my Nissan Pulsar but ican't find the

Customer Question

i supposed to tune up my Nissan Pulsar but ican't find the timing mark to where i reset the timing thanks
Category: Nissan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my nissan pulsar is working good but i bought new car and i didn't used for almost couple of months when i try to used it. the engine can't start though it crank strong battery.done it for many time not successful. i check fuel pump its good. i request electrician to check wiring then done, still engine not start. so far i trying to do tune up but i cant find any timing mark infront of the engine.
Expert:  Cardoctor71 replied 1 year ago.

the engines timing is controlled strictly by the computer and is not adjustable,if you did not put fuel treatment in the fuel tank before letting the vehicle sit for couple months, its possible the fuel has separated into its individual components and no longer has volatility needed to run the engine, use siphon or pump to remove old fuel, add fresh fuel and see if vehicle will start. Please RATE my service a 3 or ABOVE,if for some reason you can not,PLEASE ask another question, I will continue to answer your questions even after you RATE my service, until you are completely satisfied with my answers.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I see but you know just after starting the engine and not successfull i tried to check the spark plug its get wet so i rekoned may tune up. so i need to bring my car to workshop cause i dont know how to do computer sittings

This indicate you may have a fuel injector hanging open and flooding the cylinder thereby causing the plug to be wet, yes it is best if you do not have tools and knowledge of complex computer electronic systems to take your vehicle to a trusted repair facility in your area and ask them to run a diagnostic on the computer,at least i have saved you from costly mistake of replacinmg parts you may not need. Please RATE my service a 3 or ABOVE,if for some reason you can not,PLEASE ask another question, I will continue to answer your questions even after you RATE my service, until you are completely satisfied with my answers.

Please rate my service a 3 or above, if for some reason you can not PLEASE ask another question,I will continue answering your questions even after you RATE my SERVICE, until you are comp-letely satisfied with my answers.