Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Nissan Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Nissan Diagnostics
18617752

How much should an evap purge valve cost to replace on a

Customer Question

how much should an evap purge valve cost to replace on a 1997 Pathfinder LE 3.3L
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry the Tech you requested was unavailable to assist you today. It appears that Tech is currently "Offline". Now that his 15 minute "request lock" has expired, hopefully I can be of some assistance in his place...

The EVAP Purge Solenoid sells for around $266 (looks like AdvanceAuto has one here: (http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/carquest-by-intermotor-vapor-canister-purge-solenoid-cpv91/10194938-P?searchTerm=purge+solenoid&zoneAssigned=1&prefZC=02909). The Labor Time Guide calls for a half-hour to complete the job. Labor rates vary from shop to shop, so what you pay for labor will effect the bot***** *****ne. For a job of this type, a "fair" labor rate can by anywhere from $85-$125 per hour. If my answer has helped you, please help me by leaving a rating using the stars at the top of this page or accept the answer so I may be credited for this Q&A.