Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Experience:  Nissan factory trained and Certified Subaru Technician.
2921078

Jay, I have 2000 Nissan Frontier, The Brake lights stay on

Customer Question

Good Morning Jay,
I have 2000 Nissan Frontier, The Brake lights stay on when Truck off, The ABS light coming on and going off. What maybe my problems? Thanks
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

The most likely cause of the brake lights staying on is the brake light switch. If you follow the brake pedal up under the dash you will see the switch. If you have cruise control then there are 2 switches. If you unplug the first one and the brake lights do not go out, then unplug the second one. There is also a plug that the switch pushes on on the pedal arm. Make sure it's not missing.

The ABS issue may be resolved with this, but might also be a separate issue. So let's get the brake lights working properly first then take it from there.

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question.

Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

Do you need further assistance with this?