Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

I am working on a 2003 Nissan Z350, Car Keep Burning

Customer Question

I am working on a 2003 Nissan Z350, Car Keep Burning Ignition Coil .. I have done some research on this but all to be well. Car has been to dealer new & programmed ECM has been replaced. All ground connections have been Checked, what could be the problem?
ps it a manual Transmission.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!

I have seen this before. What you will need to do is replace the Negative Battery Cable, Ecm and all 6 coils to resolve this.

The negative battery cable has to much resistance in it and when ever you have resistance you get to much heat. That burns out the ECM and since the coils all share a constant power it affects all the coils. Failure to replace all the coils could result in a coil shorting the whole thing out and put you back at square one.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Its a new ECM from dealer that has been installed & 6 new coils all this wad dome a week ago.

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Was the negative battery cable replaced?

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Did the dealer do the work?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No, I wasent the dealer that did the Job but they recommended changing The ECM & all 6 coils. Before the dealer got involved th coils were chanced a few times.

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Then since they did the work, they are responsible for the repair and should warranty their work.

You should bring it back to them to have them resolve your issue so you don't absorb any more costs.

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

They should have known to change the negative battery cable.

If you are going to be charged for anything, that should be the only cost.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am talking to you from a repair shop, the car was at another shop .. the car came to my shop for another issue but died on the road with me thats when the customer told me of all this problem they had.

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Maybe it would be easier if we spoke... So there is no confusion..

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

We can continue here if you like..

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

What are you finding right now? Are coils burnt again? Any codes? What is the car doing ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

what is your #

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

You would need to accept Additional Service to speak with me. When you do a private box will come up where I would supply my phone number. I don't provide personal information though the chat.