Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

I have a 2007 Nissan Hatch back Versa.. Occasionally (3

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Nissan Hatch back Versa.. Occasionally (3 times in the last week) I turn the key on and the dash lights come on normally but when I turn it to the next spot to engage the starter I get nothing,, Then I wait about an hour and it will start,, At first I tried to lock and unlock the car, Lock the steering wheel and then unlock. Make sure the shifter was in park.. and nothing worked,, I also turned the key to the where the dash light come on and stayed there and then turned it to where the ignition would engage,, Any ideas?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!

This could be the starter showing that it is starting to go. The time to really check this is when it is not starting. When it's not starting you want to check for power to the starter. If the starter is getting power when the key is turned to the crank position, then that would verify that the starter needed to be replaced.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay.. So when a started is beginning to go bad it will not turn or engage occasionally. I think I have had starters go bad and I would turn the key several times and then it would start.. I did this to this vehicle and it doesnt work.. I always have to wait about an hour and then it will turn over and crank,,
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Not every starter fails the same.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok Thank you.. I will give it a try..
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Your welcome and thank you for using JustAnswer.com