Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

Cargo light on extended cab 2010 Nissan Titan started

Customer Question

Cargo light on extended cab 2010 Nissan Titan started staying on for extended period of time. How do I stop this?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.

Hey there, Usually when the interior light is staying on extremely long it's because there is an issue with one of the door switches. The BCM thinks a door is open so the light remains on until the BCM times out.

So check the door switches and look at the instrument panel to see if it's showing a door ajar.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is the outside lamp on the back of the cab that is staying on.
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for clarifying.

so its ONLY that lamp correct? no others? and the switch is in the off position by your left knee?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the switch is off. The light used to go off as soon as I locked the doors. Now it stays on for an extended period. Haven't just stood by watching how long. I have had people come in to tell me it's on over 10 minutes after I walked away.
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** thing I need you to make sure of is that the interior lights are not switched to OFF, that they are also on "door" and going off regularly. This will quickly rule out a door switch issue.

Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.

i mean otherwise the cargo lamp relay may be sticking when activated. So it runs till the BCM times out.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The interior light go out as soon as I lock the car and come on as soon as I unlock jet.
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.

Then check into the cargo lamp relay like i mentioned. Either you got an issue with the relay or the BCM