Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Nissan Mechanic
Experience:  35 years Master Mechanic
2617050

2001 Nissan Quest. Crank no start. Battery 1 month old. Car

Customer Question

2001 Nissan Quest. Crank no start. Battery 1 month old. Car sat several days unused but ran fine prior. Locked and unlocked car with key fob. Disconnected battery to reset computer. At first after reset was completely dead - no crank - nothing. Reset cables -once again crank no start.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Virtual Wrench replied 1 year ago.

Did you try locking and then unlocking the door with the key...NOT the fob?

If that doesnt work, try using the key in ALL of the other locks....lock and unlock each one and try to start it, then go to the next one and so forth.

Also make sure the hood is closed because it is part of the security system.

Let me know what you find please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No luck. Remember there are only 2 key positions on the vehicle - driver door and rear hatch. Still crank with no start. Also very wet here lately. Car was sitting but distributor is absolutely dry. .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hood was closed by the way. Tried with rear hatch both open or closed, doors open or closed - no start.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also tried both key fobs.,

Sounds like the security system has it locked out. I dont know of any way to bypass and it would have to go on a scanner thaqt can access the module for me to diagnose it so i will see if one of the other guys has a trick up his sleeve. If someone can help you will be notified. Best of luck!

LJ