Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years of automotive Repair
7276279

After a head gasket change in my 2000 Nissan Frontier 3.3

Customer Question

After a head gasket change in my 2000 Nissan Frontier 3.3 liter v6 I have a no crank no start condition and the truck blows fuse number 13 engine control fuse when the ignition is turned to the on position when the engine is turned to the crank position it then blows the 40 amp fuse ignition switch fuse.
Category: Nissan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tested wire from fuse 13 to harness pos 24. Full continuity. Fuse still blows even when ECM is unplugged and key turned to on position. Just another clue.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Fuse #13 power the EVAP Canister vent control and it the fuse is blowing then you may nave either a shorted valve or the harness to it. See the test steps in the link below, copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Fuse%20%2313%20Sept%2021.pdf

Take a close look at the engine harness looking for any place where it may be shorted to ground. You have to have a short to ground if the fuse are blowing.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I cancel this question? We found and fixed the problem as we waited and waited for a mechanic's response. Seems my son put a screw in the radiator mount and pierced the harness. I looked and looked late yesterday when I had not received a quick answer. There was no option to cancel. If you can glean anything from this interaction...please ask people if any screws were used to secure anything as this tends to pierce wiring harnesses at times.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

All you need to do is contact customer support and then will cancel for you. Glad to hear you got it resolved and thank you as well.