George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master 15+ years
13574682

2 in. Dual Purpose Trailer tch Adapter DRH-1 |

Customer Question

2 in. Dual Purpose Trailer Hitch Adapter DRH-1 | DiscountRamps.com
Contact Top Mobility Scooters Home Medical Equipment Superstore Would this work
Will my 2007 Nissan with a lift work with all that weight. I'm handicaped and I loved my Nissan it has every option except the spoiler
Miles XXXX
XXX-XXX-XXXX
Category: Nissan
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

Hello I will help you with your question,

I am sorry but to hang that much weight on the back without bottoming on dips and curbs which could knock the scooter off will require a heavier vehicle.

It is not the adapter but the suspension of the vehicle and the Altima is not able to handle the weight that far back of the rear wheels.

Please let me know how I can help you with this

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did you see where I mentioned a dual 2" hitch on the back. I sent that to you too. Thank you for your help.Miles
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
http://www.discountramps.com/2-hitch-adapter/p/DRH-1/?CID=DSC-Criteo-DynReMKt-DRH-1-hitch-adapters&utm_source=criteo&CA_6C15C=820562990000000233Contact Top Mobility Scooters Home Medical Equipment Superstore
http://www.topmobility.com/contact-us.htm
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

I understand that you have a 2 inch hitch on the back but if you try to hang a platform with a scooter on it off the back it will bottom on dips and curbs. The Altimia suspension is not capable of supporting that weight that far back of the rear wheels.

Please let me know how i can help you with your question but you need a more robust vehicle to carry the weight.

I am sorry but I am unable to speak on the phone, I have my own disability.

Thank you