Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Tech, Nissan Master Certified Tech, 12 yrs. experience in auto repair.
6166830

2001 Frontier, extended cab, 2wd, 2.4L, 5 spd transmission,

Customer Question

2001 Frontier, extended cab, 2wd, 2.4L, 5 spd transmission, NO ABS. There is what appears to be a proportioning block with 4 wires running to it under the vehicle about halfway back, and in the rear above the differential there is a "thing" bolted to the frame and connected to the differential with a spring.
My problem is: When I press the brake pedal to stop or slow down fast the pedal tends to fade a bit more then it should and the BRAKE and ABS light comes on and stays on until I shut the ignition off and turn it back on again. Although the ABS light comes on, I assume that it does not have ABS because I see no electronics on the brake system. So far I have removed the rear brake drums and inspected the rear brakes, everything is fine, no leaks and they are adjusted up properly. I replaced the master cylinder and bled the system. The symptoms appear to be exactly what they were before I replaced the master cylinder. Front brakes have been replaced and are functioning normally. Do you have any suggestion on what may be causing this?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.

hi my name is ***** ***** i can help with your questions

Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.

if the abs light comes on then you most likely have abs you should check again the location of the unit if driver side fire wall just follow the brake lines form the master to the unit

Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.

there are only a few things that is going to cause a low pedal if you have no external leaks then you most have a bad master or abs unit has an internal leak since you replaced the master already then the unit is your next part to replace to fix this

Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.

let me know if you have any more questions if not please rate the service before you go thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have time to check it out now. I have to go somewhere with my wife. I'll get back with you tomorrow after I check it out. Thanks
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.

your welcome please remember to rate the service as this is the only way for me to get pay thanks.