Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

I have 1996 Nissan sentry, it stalls when it driven about 60

Customer Question

I have 1996 Nissan sentry, it stalls when it driven about 60 miles. When it cools down it will start and go without any problem.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** it ever stall a 2nd time after another 60 miles? Or only the first time? Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It like every 50 to 60 miles
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

This is a common symptom of a failed fuel pump. Do a fuel pressure test during problem to verify fuel pressure is low, if so then replace the pump. Let me know how it goes or if you have more questions. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The fuel pump has been replaced a couple of time. One very recently. Sorry forgot to mention that.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Ok, at this point we will need to do some testing. During no restart problem you will need to test for spark and fuel pressure to see which one is missing then go from there. Let me know how it goes or if you have more questions, thanks.