Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Experience:  Nissan factory trained and Certified Subaru Technician.
2921078

How do I replace instrument panel lights/bulbs on a 2001

Customer Question

How do I replace instrument panel lights/bulbs on a 2001 Nissan Xterra?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

This is actually pretty easy to do. You will lower the steering wheel as much as possible with the tilt feature. Then if you look at the panel you can see a couple of screw holes up top. In the trim panel. Take them out then the bottom section is just clipped in. You can pull on the bottom and it will come out. Once it is out, you can see the 4 screws that actually hold the instrument panel in. Remove them and pull it towards you. Turn it so you can get to the electrical connectors on the back and unplug them. They have tabs you push and pull the connector at the same time. Once disconnected carefully pull the instrument panel out. On the back you will see black plastic nut looking things. Twist counter clockwise and they will come out. They have the bulbs in them. Pull the bulb out and replace.

Reverse order to install.

Please let me know if there is any more I can do to help you from here.

What happens next:
Just Answer will now charge you for the full amount of your question.
My goal is to provide you with 5-star service. If you cannot rate me at least 3-5 stars, we will keep working on this.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and effort; you do with a 3-5 star rating.
Follow up questions are included in your question price even after rating.