cloe0626
cloe0626, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  was a mechanic in the army for four years and have been working at a dealer ship the past five years
74954164

I have set up the timing on a 2006 Nissan Altima. 4

Customer Question

Hi my name is***** have set up the timing on a 2006 Nissan Altima. 4 cylinder. I have all electrical connected. Will the car start even tho I have the valve cover, the timing chain cover the oil pan off? I just wanted to see if I could start it for couple of seconds to make sure I got the timing correct. I have tried to start it, but it won't. What am I doing wrong?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

yes as long as all the electrical connections are connected it will still start if you have it in time just be certain that you have the timing marks lined up correctly cand piston number one is at tdc (top dead center) witch means piston one is all the way up