Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

Just got my 2011 Nissan Rogue out of shop after a month of

Customer Question

Just got my 2011 Nissan Rogue out of shop after a month of body shop repairs from a hit/run accident. The first thing noticed was a slow start to crank - whin then crank. Was told by body shop that I needed a new battery. Went to local auto store and it tested bad and purchased a new battery. Was ask to bring Rogue back to check alternator once battery was replaced. Did so, and from the battery to alternator there are no amps showing on meter. What can I do? I was told to take it back to body shop and ask them to fix but they say there is nothing they can do. My driver side turning signals started a rapid blink while the passenger side is a normal blink - I was told that it was the lightbulbs that needed to be replaced. I have had a meter put by another auto store which reads open electrical circuit. What does all this mean? I am not happy after receiving my car back from shop
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.

the open electrical circuit is likely a bad bulb on the drivers side. When one bulb is out the one working will blink twice as fast. This is normal behavior.

If the alternator is not charging. Then you need to address why it's not charging. the fusible link could be blown for the alternator or the lead could be loose.

How handy are you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Troubleshooting: 0095
Evap canister vent control valve - circuit open. Probable cause:
Open or short circuit condition
Poor electrical connection
Faulty EVAP canister vent control valve
Vapor canister replaced while in shop. Could this be a problem? I am replacing turning signal bulbs this afternoon after I get off work
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.

No, thats the vent valve on the evap canister. Where was the vehicle hit at? what was repaired?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Vehicle was hit on the rear side of the passenger side near the gas lid and back
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.

OK, well that vent valve issue is likely the result of the collision. So that should be repaired as part of the claim. The harness to the vent valve or the valve itself may be damaged. That has nothing to do with your other issues though.

I need to know how you verified the alternator is not charging? is the battery light on? did you use a voltmeter?

Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.

ARE YOU THERE?