Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

I have a 1996 Nissan pickup. 4 cyl engine automatic

Customer Question

I have a 1996 Nissan pickup. 4 cyl engine automatic transmission.
While driving to work one morning my lights on the dash when I cut the headlights on do not come on but all other lights work on the dash. The headlights cut off for about a mile that morning and cut back on with no problems. After I got to work I cut the truck off and checked all the fuses and they were good. When I went to start the truck back in will not start. Not even a clicking noise. Everything works headlights, wipers radio etc. I took starter off and had it tested it worked good. Battery tested good. Replaced the small blue relay mounted by the battery and it still didn't help.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!

Do you have a volt meter to do some checks so we can try to isolate your issue?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a volt meter I can use.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

perfect. Lets just double check this starter. Unplug the gray connector at the starter, and with your volt meter, put the positive lead on the harness side of the plug and ground the negative lead, and turn the key to the Crank Position and let me know if you have voltage!