Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

Got an 08 pathfinder had the radiator fail and force coolant

Customer Question

got an 08 pathfinder had the radiator fail and force coolant into the trans. i thought we may have caught it in time but now the fuse for the TCM keeps blowing. the truck will start but blows the fuse every time. P0717 is the code it is throwing. 4WD light comes on as soon as the fuse blows. the truck has around 130,000 on it, just sent it over to the trans. shop yesterday. any idea what to expect as far as cost?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!

If coolant got into the trans, you can expect a full rebuild of the transmission and valve body replacement. If any of the clutch discs in the trans get coolant on them, they have to be replaced. So the whole trans would need to be gone though and rebuilt. Or replaced with a used unit.

The Coolant most likely shorted out the TCM which is part of the valve body. That is why the fuses are blowing.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!