Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

My husband bought a New 2007 Nissan Titan. Currently has 50K

Customer Question

My husband bought a New 2007 Nissan Titan. Currently has 50K miles on it and has recently stopped going into reverse. When trying to go into reverse it will sometimes drift forward or he will have to gun the gas to have it stutter and jump back. Hoping that this does not mean a transmission is failing? Any suggestions as to what might be the culprit? Truck runs fine when moving forward adn doesn't stutter or jump then
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Sorry but this very well can be a sign of internal issues in the transmission. Tell me what kings of testing he has the ability to do, like electrical, hydraulic and scan tool testing? Does this occur every time when shifted to reverse or just the first shift into reverse from park?

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris