Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

I have a 01 Nissan maximum my brake light on the dash board

Customer Question

Hi I have a 01 Nissan maximum my brake light on the dash board is on and the battery light is on. I have replaced the battery and the alternator oh and the ABS light is on.please help
Category: Nissan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The TCS and airbag light is on
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!

When the Battery, Brake and TCS light are on, that means the Alternator is not charging properly. The air bag light also verifies this. It's most likely on due to it detected low voltage. That triggers that light to come on also.

I would recommend to get the Alternator from the dealer and have either the dealer install it, or your mechanic. If you get the part from your local auto parts store, it normally only lasts a year at the most if you even get one that works.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!