Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Tech, Nissan Master Certified Tech, 12 yrs. experience in auto repair.
6166830

My TCM failed on my 06 Nissan Sentra 1.8. I'm having a hard

Customer Question

My TCM failed on my 06 Nissan Sentra 1.8. I'm having a hard time finding the same Serial # ***** A1 6306 or last four digits 5096.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.

hi . my name is ***** ***** i can help you with your questions

Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.

you do not have a match that number up that is not the nissan part number just a production number all you have to do is get a tcm from the same year sentra that is with in 6 months of your car's production date , the car's production date is lasted on the driver door sticker let me know if you have any more questions .

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Clinton that's exactly my problem. Finding out what production numbers match. My car was built April 06. Maybe these a hidden code (date) within the number.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I meant a date within the production # ***** the TCM unit.
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.

there is no date there you have to you have to fine the date on you car the ecm came from and match with the date on your car

Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.

the program can be charge by reprogram the ecm to match your car but the date have to be with in 3 months