Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a check engine light and 1446 code on a 2005

Customer Question

Hi, I have a check engine light and 1446 code on a 2005 pathfinder le
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Checked the canister vent control valve for sticking closed. Apply power and ground to the valve and verify the valve closes meaning air can not be blown through it by mouth, do it several times. Verify the EAVP canister is not full of water or fuel. Verify the vent hose and filter for the Evap canister vent control valve is not plugged or restricted. Check the Evap control system pressure sensor voltage with the key on, make sure the voltage is steady. Then test drive the vehicle and verify the Evap control system pressure sensor voltage is the same when coming back to a stop and idling as it was key on engine off. Most common failure is the valve faulty.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris