Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

Im lloyd. I have an 07 altima in my shop when you push

Customer Question

Hi im lloyd. I have an 07 altima in my shop when you push starter buttom every 3 or 4th time starter wont work no dash lights either. Seems if you leave dr door open doesnt do it as much she has had it to her niddian dealer they told her they could not fix it. Another gsrage put a starter on it. We tested it and you have no power at stater when you push the button
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!

Do you know if the Brake lights work when you step on the brake pedal?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Are you pressing the start button pretty fast to get it not to do anything on the 3rd or 4th time?

If you press the start button 2 times, does the ignition come on as long as you don't step on the brake pedal?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not every time
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

What do you mean not every time. How many miles are on this car?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It started doing it just every so offten now happening more frequently
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
177890
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

The only thing I have seen affect the start button operation, other than the start button it's self is the BCM ( Body Control Module ) But to replace the BCM, the current configuration would need to be saved and written to the new BCM since it comes blank. Then all keys will need to be reprogrammed as well as tire pressure sensors.

But to determine this, I would monitor the signal from the start button to the BCM. See if it's making it there. Check the wiring to it and so on.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If you go to start it it wont wirl over you have to push button 3 or 4 time. Sometimes when it wont start you hear a little buzz noise in engine compartment
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How would i check to see if the starter button is sending signal to bcm?
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Any chance you can take a video clip of what it's doing and the noise so I can see?

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105565483/Pages%20from%20BCS.pdf

I was getting you the terminal reference so you can check that.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She has the car home with her right now
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

That makes things more difficult. When does she plan on returning with the car?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Friday
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

I will keep this question open till then and allow you to get back with me while you have the car present.

Sound good?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But i don't think video will show you much most of the time no noise and no dash lights either
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where would i check for signal from starter button?
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

I would be monitoring the button it's self to make sure it's not a bad worn button. If the button checks out, I would then go to the BCM.

Also take note if the steering lock is working or not. If you press the button to fast it may not operate which locks you out.

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Checking in to see how you made out