Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Experience:  Nissan factory trained and Certified Subaru Technician.
2921078

I have a 2004 nissan altima the water temp gauge goes up and

Customer Question

I have a 2004 nissan altima the water temp gauge goes up and peak out then goes back down to normal it does this several times i get a code for over temp.Is this a bad t stat or air in the system.Also where is the cam shaft position sensor located code p0340 thanks
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

This is usually a problem with air in the system for your cooling issue. Make sure the fans are coming on but typically it's a problem with air in the system.

The cam sensor is on the driver side of the cylinder head, along side of the thermostat housing. Please see diagram.

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question.

Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?