Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

I want to change the serpentine belt on a 2009 Murano,

Customer Question

Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.

Hey there, how are you

Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.

To change the serpentine belt you will need to jack up and secure the front passengers side of the vehicle.

You will need to remove the front passengers wheel and the plastic access splash cover directly behind the brakes at the inner fender well.

you will then see the serpentine belt, using your breaker bar and socket on the auto tensioner you want to pull down on it to line up the plate holes and insert a screwdriver or something of that nature to lock the tensioner in place while you remove the belt.

then install the new belt in the same position and remove teh screwdriver and the tensioner will apply tension to the belt itself. no adjustments needed on this model unless the tensioner is going out.

Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.

if you need further help let me know, if not just be sure to leave a kind rating,

Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.

wanted to check in and see how you made out, never heard back from you.

Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.

What happens now:

The site charges you the full value of your question.

My goal is to give excellent service (3-5 stars), if for some reason you don't feel as though I have provided it then please just ask more questions until you are satisfied. The site does not compensate me though, until you leave a positive rating.

Follow up on the same question is always free, even after rating.