Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

I've got a 2002 Nissan sentra 1.8l here in Mexico. My friend

Customer Question

I've got a 2002 Nissan sentra 1.8l here in Mexico. My friend took it into the dealership because it was running rough and over heating. They replaced the crank cam sensor and the maf and it still ran like crap. He brought it to me cause I used to be a mechanic. I put in a thermostat (cause there wasn't one). Which helped the overheating problem. Did a head gasket and cleaned the throttle body. All was good except for what sounded like a misfire but plugs and injectors checked fine. So did a relearn on it and now it won't start unless I hold the gas pedal down. It won't idle either. Do you have any ideas for me? Oh and I'm not getting any codes
Category: Nissan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've been waiting all dat
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!

Sorry for the delay. I am normally online around 7 pm EST till 10 or 11 pm.

What brand spark plugs do you have in the engine? Also, the Cam and Crank Sensor, where were they brought?

let me know..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wi don't know right off the bat
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

When can you find out what brand spark plugs you have in the car for me? Also check the cam sensor and crank sensor to see if they have this logo

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105565483/Cam%20Sensor%20OEM.jpg

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We lost power all night last night I'm sorry but I'm going to his house this morning so I'll check
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

ok

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The car is not here and his wife said he took a Mexican and the car to yell at them so I don't know if I'm going to see it again
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

LOL.. uh...ok?