Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

I'm having a backfire or hesitation or knock in my 04 g35,

Customer Question

I'm having a backfire or hesitation or knock in my 04 g35, it happens more often when I turn the a/c on. Also noticeable loss of power when I slam it hard.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!

Do you have a Service Engine Soon light on when the engine is running?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No engine light at all, or trouble codes.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Most times when you have a running issue where it back fires and bogs, or hesitates, the issue is the Mass Air Flow Sensor. Do you have a cold air intake?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
cold air intake, also sometimes vdc and slip lights turn on. So should I clean it or replace the Mass airflow sensor?
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Cold air intakes are hard on MAF sensors. You will most likely need a MAF sensor. But don't get a After Market One.. They never work right. You would need to get it from the dealer.

You can certainly try MAF sensor cleaner on the element and see if that helps. But if not it will need to be replaced.

The VDC and Slip light, do they come on when you accelerate hard or brake hard?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was on the highway once and on a regular Street, it's random and resets when I turn the car off.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

That could be due to brake fluid level, or a ABS sensor not reading properly. I would check the brake fluid level and top it off. If the lights come back on still, then it will require a scanner to see what the cause of the lights are

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!