internal88
internal88, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I have been working in the technican for over 15 years. I am an expert in diagnostic.
63512786

I recently had a replacement knock sensor on my 2000

Customer Question

Hello, I recently had a replacement knock sensor on my 2000 Pathfinder changed along with the O2 sensors. Codes were cleared car is running great but now the car is idling higher then normal? I thought it was just going to go back to normal but it has not. Is there something I should do to make the idling go back to protocol dealer settings?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  internal88 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Brandon - Nissan tech.

The vehicle's computer is relearning the driving habit it takes a day or two to go back to normal RPM.

Expert:  internal88 replied 1 year ago.

How high is the idle? The normal idle should be at 750 rpm.

Expert:  internal88 replied 1 year ago.

If is still high, you need to inspect the air filter under the hood. Make sure it is clean and nothing is disturbing the air intake.

Expert:  internal88 replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if you have further question. Please rate me positive for the prompt service. Thank you.