Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

2001 Nissan Pathfinder. Went in store, came out and wouldn't

Customer Question

2001 Nissan Pathfinder. Went in store, came out and wouldn't start. Nothing but fast clicking sound. Raised the hood and saw corrosion on terminals. Replaced battery, now it turns over but won't fire! Could the low battery cause something else to fail?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your question

Fast clicking is the sign of a weak battery. So I would jump start the truck to get you going and have the battery checked or replaced.

If you have any more questions on this please feel free to ask.

If not, and you are satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope that I have provided you with Excellent Service. Thanks Jay

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As I said, I replaced the battery. No more clicking, engine turns over but won't fire. Had no previous issues or warnings or spark or fuel problems.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a remote start?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No remote start
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Try unlocking and locking the truck with the key

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've tried that already. Security light is flashing but not solid. Could the initial clicking and failure to start have caused any other parts to fail? Fuses or relays?
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

When you turn the key to the ON position is the security light on solid?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is flashing. I thought maybe it was immobilizer. Haven't tried resetting it yet.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

If the key is on, the security light should be either on or off. Not flashing

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Interesting. About a month ago I had to get my transponder key replaced and programmed. I have noticed the security light flashing since then. Shouldn't it have locked me out before this if there was an issue?
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Please double check the security light with the key on. If it's still flashing then you have a after market alarm