Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Tech, Nissan Master Certified Tech, 12 yrs. experience in auto repair.
6166830

My wife is in a used nisson rogue 2013 that we just bought

Customer Question

my wife is in a used nisson rogue 2013 that we just bought last week. When she goes up a hill on the interstate it suddenly loses power and the engine tach increases.
she just called me from five hours away in atlanta. I think it is the transmission but not sure but then I see all these things on the internet that says it is the transmission because nissan has a problem from 2008 - 2014 with this
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.

hi my name is ***** ***** i can help you with your questions

Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.

this problem is normally cause by the trans overheating causing the computer to put it in fail-safe mode

Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.

this will cause the trans to lock power and the normal operation will resume after the car is shut down and the trans cool for a bit

Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.

to fix this problem you will need to install an external trans cooler on the car in front of the radiator so the trans will cool better

Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.

this is the part number of the cooler kit you will need to install

Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.

B1606-JM01A you can get this kit at your local nissan dealer

Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.

let me know if you have any more questions if not please rate my service before you go as this is the only way for me to get pay thanks.