Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Tech, Nissan Master Certified Tech, 12 yrs. experience in auto repair.
6166830

I recently bought a 95 Nissan Maxima. It has stalled on me

Customer Question

I recently bought a 95 Nissan Maxima. It has stalled on me many times. I cleaned MAF sensor w correct CRC cleaner and I changed IAVC sensor, after cleaned MAF sensor it ran great for while. Then started bucking some. RPM's at rest are 650-700, sometimes I am driving slow and stalls out of no where. Start back up and stalls again, then bucks a few times. I get to my destination and it runs fine when I get back in later. Never another problem for day. The check engine light was on and codes were knock sensor, MAF sensor and some warm O2 sensor. Then light went off and did not come back on for over 150 miles. I stalled yesterday at a light, it had rained a little, now light on. What do you think it is?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.

hi did you check the car scan again for code today ??

Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.

you can take it to auto zone and have them do it for free then let me know the codes

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I check? I happened to go to repair shop for that. I have an OBD scan tool, but not for this early a car.
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.

go to auto zone

Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.

do you have one by you ??

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do and will take it?
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.

ok let me know what they say