Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

1992 Nissan d21 ka24e automatic no cranck

Customer Question

Category: Nissan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
intermittent crank to eventual no crank, no idiot lights or gauges working in start position, will not crank when there are no idiot lights but when there are gauges working and idiot lights on it starts fine? . replaced electrical part of ignition. suspect neutral safety switch, all relays seem to be clicking? what to check?
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!

So I understand your problem. When the truck does not start, all electrical power turns off? But if you have all electrical power it starts. It just intermittently will loose electrical power? Is that correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No not exactly not all electrical, in fact fuel pump energizes lights other than the idiot lights work and fuel gauge and i'll bet temp gauge do not work in this episode that has become a constant. I am betting on the NSS (neutral safety switch) feeding these lights as well as the solenoid hot wire. that's all i've got the relays all of them seem to be getting power.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was referring to the state where the key is on run to even start position as far as the testing.