Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

The driver side and passenger side drive axles have been

Customer Question

The driver side and passenger side drive axles have been replaced. Drove the car for about a week. When driving the car one day put the car in 1st gear position the car would not move. It is in and out when the car will move. The car would all move before. It just had the clicking sound in the cv boot. Is it the wrong size driveaxle or is something loose.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!

It could be the wrong size axle and it has popped out and that is why you have no movement. I would have it towed back to the shop that did the axle and have them inspect their work. If it is the wrong size axle, the axle they installed will need to be replaced with the correct size axle and they should not charge you. They should have compared your original axle to the new one before installing.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!