Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years of automotive Repair
7276279

Trying to replace the passenger side cv axle on a 2012

Customer Question

Trying to replace the passenger side cv axle on a 2012 Nissan Sentra but I'm not sure how to remove old axle is there any way I can get an assembly diagram so to follow it to remove old broken axle and install new one
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for you question, I have enclosed the axle removal steps in the link below, one you are ready to remove the axle you will need to take a pry bar and pry it out of the trans axle. See the steps in the link below, have a look and post back if you have more questions and or need more help.

Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Axle%20Sept%202.pdf

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Please consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 5AM eastern time and work all day . A rating is required. Your rating me , and what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor do I have control over the fees or the time it takes to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all ,you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short

Thank you, Ron

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need more help my axle ripped from the boot so the part where thr first set of bearings is is now exposed I had to replace shock and this is what caused axle to get damaged
And rip from boot
So where I'm having trouble is actually getting the shaft side of axle that goes into transfer case out of transfer case transmission or whatever that is
Should I just pull on it
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

The axle doe not just slide out, its snapped in place, to get it out you need to take a long pry bar and snap it at the trans axle and it will pop out.